Activities > Student Activity Fee
The Souderton Area School District has adopted a $150 activity fee to be paid by all middle and high school students if they choose to participate in any co-curricular activity, either athletic or non-athletic. The fee is paid one time per year even if a student participates in multiple activities. The activity fee applies to all PIAA sports and activities/clubs with the exception of service clubs and credit bearing classes (e.g., Key Club, Interact, Elected Positions (Junior Class Officers, Student Council, Honor Society) and accredited courses such as Band and Chorus).
Student Activity Fee Guidelines:
- The $150.00 one-time fee is good for the entire school year and counts for all PIAA sports and activities/clubs.
- The fee is due two weeks after the start of your sport/activity/club.
- Should a student quit prior to the first official game, or within the first two weeks of another extra- or co-curricular activity/club, the fee will be refunded.
- Should a student-athlete be injured prior to the first official game, the fee will be refunded.
- Should a student-athlete be cut from a team prior to the first official game, the fee will be refunded.
- If a student is dismissed from a team or activity/club, the fee will not be refunded.
- If a student is refunded the activity fee and signs up for another activity later in the school year, the activity fee will have to be repaid to the district.
- If a student is unable to afford the fee, he/she must speak with the athletic director. Provisions will be made for exemption from paying either a part or all of the fee by students whose economic situation would otherwise preclude their involvement.
- Students who would qualify for free or reduced price lunches under the guidelines established for the federally funded lunch programs will not be required to pay the student activity fee.
Please complete and return the SAHS Activity Fee Form (PDF).