The Course Selection Process is outlined below:
- 9th-11th Grade students should review their Pathway progress progress in pathwayMANAGER at the following link: https://sasd.pathwaymanager.com
- Parents/students should discuss their Course Plan and what courses best help students prepare for and explore their career goals.
- For specific information on each department's course, refer to the courses and descriptions available in pathwayManager or review the HS Program of Studies.
- Students will submit course requests through Home Access Center. The dates for students to submit course requests will be announced each year by school administration. Students will be unable to change course requests in HAC without speaking to their counselor after the initial course request period has ended.
- Students will meet individually with a school counselor to discuss the course requests they submitted in HAC. Most of these individual meetings with counselors will take place following the deadline for submitting course requests at the end of the 1st Semester or the beginning of the 2nd Semester. These dates will be announced yearly by school administration.
- The courses that students have chosen in these meetings will be available to review on HAC. Please remember that scheduling requests are not first-come, first-served. All requests will be entered into the system prior to the creation of the master schedule.
- Parents/students can make changes to requests at any time between the time students meet with their counselor and May 1st.
- Students will receive their schedules at the end of May. Students will only be able to change their schedules if they:
- Were unable to schedule all of their requests
- Do not meet a prerequisite
- Have an imbalance in their schedule (core classes)
- Want to increase the rigor of their schedule
- Even if a request is based on the above criteria, it may not be possible.
- Elective courses are not guaranteed.
- Requests may not be granted due to class availability.
- Senior privilege, course placement (unless imbalance of core courses) and teacher request changes are not acceptable reasons to request a course change.
- Athletes will need to maintain 2 courses during their sports season to remain eligible.
If you have specific questions, please contact your child's counselor.